Saturday, January 5, 2013

And hello 2013

And hello 2013. Speaking of Boston, it’s time to officially kick off the training. I’m glad that I was able to close out 2012 feeling healthy and reasonably fit enough to get off on the right foot for Boston training. I wasn't chasing down any mega mileage in December, but looking back it turned out to be my highest mileage month of 2012 with 240 miles. Not too bad. I even got in one of my best 20-mile training runs in mid-December. I will probably be knocking on a lot of wood now, but it certainly is a nice change from a year ago.

I started today off with the Fleet Feet Chicago Boston Bound training group informational meeting and group “fun” run. It was great meeting some more local runners with similar goals (and paces). Also saw a few faces I recognized which was cool, and even a few fellow Dailymilers were present (all good stuff!). It was good to hear more about what we can expect from the program and really made me realize that Boston will come up fast.  If I want to improve for this race, it's time to get busy! On the fun run we got a few splits in there to make me think this wasn't really a fun run (closer to a pace run), but I think everyone was just feeling jazzed about the initial meeting; motivation was high. I’m looking forward to some great group runs with these people.

It seems life keeps getting busier, but I'm really going to try and get a post up here every now and then. If nothing else, it’s one way to look back at the year.  Good or bad, hehe, there’s always something I can learn from myself when looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment