Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The In-between

In the month since my last race I've continued running, mainly trying to maintain my training and fitness so that I have a decent base to begin the 2012 training season, and to finish up one or two goals I set for this year.  It has been interesting not having a marathon coming up anytime soon, but still running almost as if I were in the middle of an 18-week plan (if not more than that some weeks).  I'm beginning to wonder if my wife was right and I am excessive with my running...

Winter seems to officially be back (despite what the calendar says today is), and looking back at a couple of my blog entries from last winter -- I'm fully aware of what cold agony is coming for me again.  I do love running in cooler temps, beats the pants off hot 'n' humid; but cold, windy, sleety conditions are never fun either.  Ah, the lakefront, at least it's not too crowded these days, and the views of the skyline, sunrises, waves, birds, and parks are worth it.  Usually.  And despite the cold 'n' wet stuff, I don't yearn for the treadmill, at least not anytime soon.  Of course I'll be on it occasionally.

My spring marathon plan is again to attempt to run the Illinois Marathon on 4/28.  Last year I was injured in the last few weeks of training, and didn't get to the race.  So, cheers!  Here's to healthier running in 2012.  (Knock on wood.  Cross your fingers.)  Although, I have to say, 2011 turned out to be a pretty good year for running and me.

For June 2012, I'm planning on running Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN.  I've been wanting to run this one for some time now, and it looks like 2012 will be the year.  Yay!

Finally (save the best for last), I'm now officially member #4685 of the Marathon Maniacs!  Totally stoked and ready to continue being a maniac, hopefully for a long time to come!  There's probably no question of that though.  Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment