Friday, June 3, 2011

Time to Run?

Well after over two months of on-again, off-again pain in my hip I realized I should probably have simply listened to the doctor at the start and just sacrificed 6 weeks of running rather than completely blowing over 2 months of time and risking continued pain into my next training program.  Unfortunately, I was not in a mental state at the time to just stop and rest.  So I will credit the doctor with being right all along, I was wrong to keep running, I know that now.  A crystal ball would have come in handy.  I’m finally feeling about as good as ever, though a few more pounds heavier lately and my overall fitness has declined.  But I still detect the tiniest twinge in my hip every once in a while telling me that *something* is still there, whether it is not quite 100% or my brain has burned in a permanent reminder to help prevent me from making the same mistake – ha, good luck –  I don’t really know which it is. :) But I’ve been learning a pretty good life lesson (running is filled with those) here, and I know I can’t push too many hard runs in a row – I’ve read that and lived it.  I also once again appreciate being injury free and able to run without pain.  Praying that I don’t have to go through that again, but I know I will have to watch it for a while.  I did the Soldier Field 10 Mile run last weekend, but I didn’t race too hard until about the last mile or so.  Mostly I was just there to have a fun time and enjoy the day.  Had a blast.  Tomorrow I will go out for an easy 8 mile run and take it slow.  I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the warming weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment