Sunday, April 17, 2011

Woot!

After feeling a bit limpy after yesterday’s 4 mile pace run, I was again still pretty sore starting out the run this morning.  But my only goal was to keep it slow and get through it without making anything worse.  The cool blustery wind and the beautiful blue skies helped to occasionally distract me from the fact that I wasn’t feeling 100% today, but all in all, I felt fortunate that I didn’t start feeling worse at any point, and just kept chugging along.  The great folks over at the Chicago Park District have turned on most of the fountains along the Lakefront Path, at least the ones I’ve come across so far (love it, thank you!).   I finished the 12 and expected to feel some bigger pains, but really nothing was hurting, I was a bit sore, but not in pain.  I visited one of my favorite restaurants, Chicago Brauhaus, with my family and parents, and tried to keep moving around the rest of the day, not sitting still for too long.  I fear tightening up otherwise.  Anyway, the day kept getting warmer and the sun really came out to do some serious shining, so it turned out to be a pretty darn good day:  12 miles completed with very little pain afterward, a full week of running completed, warmer than expected weather with beautiful skies (okay sure so it was a bit windy but I’ll take it), great food at my favorite German restaurant, and good company of my son, wife, and parents.  I’d say it was a great way to finish a potentially bad running week, and a great way to start another (hopefully not potentially bad) work week…

No comments:

Post a Comment