Saturday, April 16, 2011

Getting it together

Well it was another strange week.  I had some fundamental differences with my doctor’s plan of action for the coming weeks and months, so long story short I am completely disregarding it.  I mean I know if I experience pain, I should not be running.  But after that appointment I was charged up and went out for a 5 mile run, slow.  So, that was Monday.  I was a little more optimistic after that run and throughout the rest of the week, actually.  Since Sunday, I’ve been feeling better day by day, and I’ve been running regularly, albeit shorter distances at slower and easier paces.  In any case, I certainly don’t feel as bad as I did a week ago.  I took Friday off from running; it was also a planned rest day.  I had really been looking forward to this weekend’s runs.  Today I did a short 4-miler which was supposed to be done at marathon race pace.  That actually went fairly well.  I held the pace, but my heart rate was a bit higher than I would have liked.  In any case, I didn’t feel too bad.  Definitely felt a little sore afterward, but I iced it and stretched a little and feeling not too bad now.  Tomorrow, Sunday, is scheduled to be a 12-miler, no big deal right?  Today was okay, I might even say, good, so we’ll see how things go tomorrow.  Trying to be optimistic, I think that actually helps everything overall.  And yeah, if it hurts I will just have to knock it down a notch or two.  No idea yet if 12 miles will be possible, but we’ll cross that bridge.  I think it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment