Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wet 'n' cold fun

Cold, rainy, windy.  …Pretty much as predicted.  Temps right around the 32 degree mark.  When I woke up I thought I had lucked out, there was no ice, sleet or rain, the ground was clear and dry.  But as soon as I got outside it started sleeting.  That was alright, but then it changed to a really cold rain shortly after that.  The first 10 miles were basically face-first into wind and rain.  At about the turnaround point near 71st Street I didn’t think I could take it anymore, but after turning to head back north the wind was at my back and the rain lightened up.  I instantly felt 80% better, except I was completely soaked head to toe, and my hands were really cold.  Squishy shoes, cold legs, numb hands and face, and wet clothes – my legs didn’t want to go very fast and I felt a little weighted down – the last 7 miles went a bit slower.  I really just wanted to finish more than finish fast.  I believe a crow even tried dive-bombing me at one point, what the heck?  Okay did I just say that the long runs were my favorite run of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment